Avoid passive response, respond to the art you see. Photograph, be critical and reflect. Then submit to ART BEACON.
If you filled out one of these, you’re half way there! Read below to learn how to share your response.
How to RESPOND TO ART:
- Choose a piece of art.
- Look at it.
- While looking, consider these questions:
*Do I feel a response? Like, dislike, intrigue, disgust, arousal, fear?
*What about this work provokes my response? Color? Imagery? Graphic detail? Texture? Smell?
*What do I think the artist intended me to feel?
*What are they communicating to me using media choice, title, arrangement, etc?
- Collect information: artist name, title of artwork, where you saw it and what it was made of.
- Take a photo. Step closer for a detail, step back to capture context. If camera unavailable, draw what you see and scan it when you get home.
Share your response:
- In a Word document:
*Summarize your thoughts and ideas in a short paragraph
*Include artist/artwork information, a short bio about yourself & provide a link to your website or blog
- Email ART BEACON your Word document and image file of the artwork
- Incude a short bio about yourself, including any online links you’d like to share.
- If you are interested in becoming an official contributor for Art Beacon, please express interest in your email
Your submission is voluntary. You will be credited for your submission. Unless otherwise discussed, your credit will state you are a guest contributor. We reserve the right to reject submissions.